Marriage and Money - This Could Help A lot


I am reading this book, "Secrets to the Millionaire Mind". My Aunt D has been trying to encourage us all to read it for awhile now. I'm visiting and have some free time while spending time with my Grandmama - and I'm enjoying that book. I am not much up for reading "get rich quick" books and in fact i'm emotionally blocked to even learning about money much unless it can be spiritualized somehow to make it less about greed and proving someone's worth through money and more about being emotionally open to money and using it for making the world better. Here's what I mean, Baha'u'llah, in His Hidden Word (part 2, the Persian Hidden Words) #82, schools us:

82. O MY SERVANT! The best of men are they that earn a livelihood by their calling and spend upon themselves and upon their kindred for the love of God, the Lord of all worlds.
  • The best of men and women. I am best when I earn my livelihood by my calling, and spend upon myself and my kindred for the Love of God.
  • What is my calling, and let's earn a livelihood (one that bring loftiness and avoids abasement) and spend on myself and my kindred for the love of God.
  • How do I generate and continue to love God and do things for the love of God - like spend my income for that? What does that look like?

52: O SON OF MAN!
O SON OF MAN! Should prosperity befall thee, rejoice not, and should abasement come upon thee, grieve not, for both shall pass away and be no more.
It sounds like a lot of flexibility in expecatations is needed - and a detachment of being "prosperous" financially and "poor" financially.

Millionaire Mind is meant to help people consciously clear up emotional blocks to prosperity and weath, and to reprogram one's feelings - thoughts - and therefore actions toward living nobly and prosperously.

For me I wish to "reprogram"my "money blueprint" based on:
"spiritual philosophy supporting the acquisition of wealth, spiritual components of prosperity, attitudes associated with prosperity and poverty, the difference between material means and materialism, and the need to obey the law of Huququ'llah and give to the funds of the Faith"

Imagine how when couples look at themselves and see themselves and improve their core beliefs together - how that can lead to harmony between them. Imagine how this could help couples recognize their value and work more effectively on goals like these:



In this glorious Cause the life of a married couple should resemble the life of the angels in heaven-a life full of joy and spiritual delight, a life of unity and concord, a friendship both mental and physical. The home should be orderly and well-organized. Their ideas and thoughts should be like the rays of the sun of truth and the radiance of the brilliant stars in the heavens. Even as two birds they should warble melodies upon the branches of the tree of fellowship and harmony. They should always be elated with joy and gladness and be a source of happiness to the hearts of others. They should set an example to their fellow-men, manifest a true and sincere love towards each other and educate their children in such a manner as to blazon the fame and glory of their family. ~ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
The book encourages members of a couple to sit down and ask some questions about their feelings and attitudes about money - how to let go of ones that aren't working and rethink new "prosperity" based ones. Core Values. Core Belief.

I'd like read this highly recommended book regarding Money and the Baha'i Writings - Created Rich, How Spiritual Attitudes and Material Means Work Together to Achieve Prosperity by Patrick Barker.

The title is taken from Baha'u'llah's Hidden Word,

O SON OF SPIRIT! I created thee rich, why dost thou bring thyself down to poverty? Noble I made thee, wherewith dost thou abase thyself? Out of the essence of knowledge I gave thee being, why seekest thou enlightenment from anyone beside Me? Out of the clay of love I molded thee, how dost thou busy thyself with another? Turn thy sight unto thyself, that thou mayest find Me standing within thee, mighty, powerful and self-subsisting.
11: O SON OF BEING!
O SON OF BEING! Thou art My lamp and My light is in thee. Get thou from it thy radiance and seek none other than Me. For I have created thee rich and have bountifully shed My favor upon thee.
  1. here are some comments and reviews about it.
  2. You can order it here. (used copies can be under $6, list price about $10)

Comments