Today's Inspiration: Contentment


"Say: O children of dust! He who is the Spirit of Purity saith: In this glorious Day whatsoever can purge you from defilement and ensure your peace and tranquility, that indeed is the straight Path, the Path that leadeth unto Me. To be purged from defilement is to be cleansed of that which is injurious to man and detracteth from his high station – among which is to take undue pleasure in one's own words and deeds, notwithstanding their unworthiness. True peace and tranquility will only be realized when every soul will have become the well-wisher of all mankind." Baha'u'llah, The Tabernacle of Unity, Baha'u'llah's Responses to Manikchi Sahib and Other Writings , pp. 6-7

"Make me ready, in all circumstances, O my Lord, to serve Thee and to set myself towards the adored sanctuary of Thy Revelation and of Thy Beauty. If it be Thy pleasure, make me to grow as a tender herb in the meadows of Thy grace, that the gentle winds of Thy will may stir me up and bend me into conformity with Thy pleasure, in such wise that my movement and my stillness may be wholly directed by Thee." Baha'u'llah, Prayers and Meditations by Baha'u'llah, p. 240