The important thing about yelling

We can stop. We can stop it. 


How? My sister and I talked about this today. I've talked about it with friends in Beijing, and in the US. Older than me and younger. 4 year old Zayha showed me how she 'boxes back her lower nature' and let's her higher nature win. Her higher nature is, "happiness". 


My sister highly recommended this book about saying hello in your head - to help stop the inner critic, the inner neurotic roommate, from spoiling an otherwise lovely environment: our mind. 

Today, with Dad, we talked about anger management, and why people express anger:  fear and threat, I offered. Fear of what?, we wondered together. Fear of losing something - control, love, attention, respect, etc. How do we overcome this fear? Feeling secure. Deep in our hearts, minds and memory, Deep in our inner voice. 

And with Mom - as she scanned the book that my sister recommended (http://www.untetheredsoul.com) - she reflected on how she could change herself to be more peaceful, more loving and bring more joy by not yelling, not feeling threatened, not reacting in the old ways. 

I'm sure my step-Mom is thinking about these things do as she prepares to go to the World Games in Colombia next week, and take care of her 2 kitties and one little dog named Haley. 

And my sister's husband also thinks about it - as he strives to be the best Dad he can be to 4 lovely children. 

"Strive....that your actions day by day may be beautiful prayers. Turn towards God and seek always to do that which is right and noble..." - Abdu'l-Baha

You're not alone if you find yourself snapping at the ones you love the most. But here's what happens when you stop.. Enjoy this lovely article: The important thing about yelling

By Hands-Free Mama May 29, 2013 5:27PM

Comments

  1. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment