Friday Nights: "Aren't You Worried You're Not Married Yet?"

Every Friday night at Roya's we have this party. A chatting, eating, praying, studying and sharing and discussing party - about Marriage. And every Friday night - people always show up.

Last night I did - I invited several friends who have called me or talked to me about relationship questions. I don't know why exactly but I've been openly interested in reading about and talking about Marriage and Family Life - the Optimistic Views - since about 2000. I brag that I have lots of books about marriage and I'll wake up much more alert if the subject of conversation turns to that (or education for sustainable development). That's another reason for starting this blog to find a place to talk about it where it's not intrusive but helpful to someone who visits here.

So, at Roya's lovely home, we ate pasta and salad made lovingly by Ying and Vahid. Eaten happily by Angel, Sisi, Roya, Sarmad and me. Then we cleaned up and made the living room neat and ready (flowers, candles, beauty) for prayers (everyone knows to clean up and get the prayer books, choose the songs, the long prayer for the evening which was the Fire Tablet). Another friend, Michael arrived. I had met him last week at a dinner with friends - we got to talking about marriage. I invited him to Roya's home. And then we all got to talking about marriage.

Are you worried?
What are you worried about?
How does one "prepare"?
How does one "put themselves out there"?

What's your method?

Comments