2 Year Old Zayha| Beat Back the Lower Nature, Let the HAPPINESS flow!


Back in 2009, I watched Michelle and 2 year old Zayha during our lunch together at their home in Beijing. Zayha was not happy about something and frustrated, whining, wiggling in her chair.  Michelle patiently, lovingly, mindfully, and in bit of a joking manner, guided her by saying, "Zayha, let's beat back our lower nature" and she, Zayha, she cracked a smile.  I was astonished. I had not yet become aware of my own power to choose to conquer my lower nature nor had a I seen someone attempt it so clearly.   Well, I hadn't been able to notice so clearly, but I know people are doing it every day, even me sometimes.  But this was a wake up call. I asked Zayha, "What does your higher nature look like?"  She looked at her mom who encouraged her to answer. Zayha recovered quickly from her earlier sadness, put on a smile and held her arms out big, "it's Happiness!"

That was an eye opener when a 2 year old was aware of and was practicing "beating back her lower nature [grumpiness, fear, etc.]" and striving to be HAPPY! 

Comments